BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 1, 2010

Bookworm or computer-worm???


What you need to know first...

Hyperlinks are a reference to a document or other web that the user or the reader can directly follows in a hypertext.

In a digital world, Hypertext is a text that is rich with hyperlinks and multimedia.

Hypermedia is an extension of hypertext which text and multimedia combine to become a non-linear communication with support of several programs like media players.

Online reading is basically a way of reading online using ICT.

Digital literacy is a command of using digital technology to access information and to communicate.

Reading strategies are the process we used to get information from any reading material whether intentionally or unintentionally.

http://books.google.com.my/books?hl=en&lr=&id=4ErD68K__eMC&oi=fnd&pg=PA1&dq=hypertexts,+hyperlink,+hypermedia,+online+reading,+digital+literacy+and+reading+strategies&ots=S3zgm8vYgg&sig=NIkV8anBuHPjgo_fWgGyGl8xaoo#v=onepage&q=&f=false

I usually preferred printed copies than soft copies. It is because it is easier for me to concentrate to the reading materials. My eyes cannot stand the monitor too long. Whenever I read, I often glance through the material first to know the length of the text, the ways the text is presented and the interest in it. After that, I read the material slowly but without judgments. Then, I will start to read it again, this time I will read it thoroughly and will try to concentrate every minute details. I may read it again just to make sure I can understand it perfectly and hope I did not miss any important details. Although printed pages are harder to flip through the early pages, I find it amusing to flip between pages than using the mouse to scroll the pages as it makes my eyes blur. However, in reading references that are related to each other, digital materials make my reading easier because there are hyperlinks.

0 comments: